Monday 17 November 2008

Come back sweet...friend?

This year I was ready. I prepared myself mentally and for once resigned myself to what was about to happen. Late August I said my goodbyes and patiently looked forward to the next time we'd be re-acquainted.

But now it's been three months and still there are no signs of a rendez-vous. My birthday is coming closer and I 'll be damned if it's not part of my home by then. Each day my home, my kitchen, looks emptier as the longing and desperation for it grows. I guess all that's left to do now is to scream in dispair:

WHEN ARE MANGOES COMING BACK INTO SEASON AGAIN????!!!

6 comments:

Abena Serwaa said...

I hear you! Mangoes are the best thing about living in Ghana. Indeed, they are back...I saw some of the small yellow ones for sale on Friday around the Afienya area on the Akosombo raod.

Maya Mame said...

Oooh, they are? I'm so glad to hear that! Might be going to Akosombo next weekend, I hope I'll see the rare pale pink ones.

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Wish i was there to enjoy the real thing - what we get here that they call mangoes are nothing like what i grew up on in Ghana..!
Lucky you..:)

Maya Mame said...

Yeah, no other mangoes taste as good as the sweet, juicy Ghanaian ones! Can't wait to have my first one for the season! Sorry, don't mean to tempt and tease... :)

Kajsa Hallberg Adu said...

When is the b-day party? Let me know and I will start look for a gift for you, my sweet!

Maya Mame said...

Thanks Kajsa,

Didn't realise it's in less than a week (thought it'd be in three weeks time), so now I'm a bit stressed trying to decide what to do. Will let you know...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails